MeGom.TV are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
How we collect information
We may collect and process the following information about you:
1. In order to access the MeGom.TV! service for the first time, you may be asked to create a user account by providing information including your first and last name, a valid email address and a password made up of alpha numeric characters. Subsequently, you may be asked to sign in using your registered email address and password, which we refer to as your «credentials». As part of creating your user account, you may also be requested to provide questions and secret answers, which we use to help verify your identity and assist in resetting your password, as well as an alternate email address. Finally, a unique ID number will be assigned to your credentials which will be used to identify your credentials and associated information.
2. We ask you to provide personal information, such as your e-mail address, name, company name, home or work address or telephone number. We may also collect demographic information, such as your ZIP or postal code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites.
3. We may collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the links you click and other actions taken in connection with the Site and other MeGom.TV sites and services. We also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring Web site addresses.
4. When you use the Services to distribute User Content to other Users of the Services, we may collect information about the User Content you are distributing including the title, description, genre, type (audio or video) and location information. In addition, if you use the MeGom.TV! User Microsite or Channel page feature, you will be able to create and edit your own page on the Site, which will contain addition information about you (that you provide) and which will be visible to other users of the Services.
5. When you receive newsletters or promotional e-mail, we may use web beacons, customised links or similar technologies to determine whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you more focused e-mail communications or other information.
6. In order to offer you a more consistent and personalised experience in your interactions with the Services and us, information collected through one MeGom.TV service may be combined with information obtained through other MeGom.TV services. We may also supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other companies. For example, we may use services from other companies that enable us to derive a general geographic area based on your IP address in order to customise certain services to your geographic area.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about Users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used programs or deliver viruses to your computer. They help us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Site according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches and
- To recognise you when you return to the Site.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area («EEA»). It may also be processed by staffs operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy polic y.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share your password with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always choose to log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
How we keep your information secure
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. As such, all information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and we use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use the information we collect
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow us to operate and improve the Site and deliver the services or carry out the transactions you have requested in the most effective manner;
- Performing research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Children under age 13
Children aged between ages 13 and 14
We require that children over the age of 13 ask their parents or legal guardians for permission before sending any information about themselves over the Internet.
Disclosure of your information
MeGom.TV! enables you to distribute live audio and video content and other information about yourself with other Users. We allow you to choose the information you share with other Users.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
In addition, some MeGom.TV services may be co-branded and offered in conjunction with another company. If you register for or use such services, both MeGom.TV and the other company may receive information collected in conjunction with the co-branded services.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If MeGom.TV or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
You may have the ability to view or edit your personal information online. In order to help prevent your personal information from being viewed by others, you will be required to sign in with your credentials.
You have the right to request details of the information we hold about you and to delete or rectify any inaccurate information about you by sending us a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your full name and your address. A small administrative charge may be made for fulfilling this request.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data (if any). You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com